At any given time, I have a half a dozen activities in my head that I want to implement with my toddler. She has a very active mind and is curious about the world around her. We rarely have a day where we stay home, because my social butterfly needs to see the world- even if that world is Costco.
The project I have wanted to experience with for a while is creating Sensory Bins. It is creating a space for exploratory play using objects and textures. Playing with dry beans would be an example, but I envision beautiful bins with colorful water beads, plastic animals, and carefully crafted scenery. I obviously still believe I can create what I see on Pinterest.
Here are some of the sensory ideas I want to try:
– Colorful spagetti
– Pond life with water beads, small plastic animals, etc.
– Glass marbles/ stones (I have some larger ones that are not choking hazards)
Pictures and feedback to come!
Because I have so many things I want to remember. And record. And share.
I’m not sure when my last entry was. (Just peeked: September 2010.) Obviously I’m not an avid blogger. But I’m wondering if now might be the time to renew my blogging habit. And reform my mission.
– It’s the start of 2012 which means it would be a nice New Year’s Goal to blog consistantly.
– I have been Entrusted With so many new things since I last blogged: a husband, my own home, and a little one on the way.
– These new loves will be defining marks for my blog. I have been Entrusted With much, and this blog will be my reflections, thoughts, and journey thru this special season of my life.
What to expect:
– Spiritual Reflections: Scripture, books, thoughts, sermons.
– Baby Budget: getting things in order for a little one in a frugal way!
– Husband & Home: loving my husband and caring for my home.
Dear WordPress Blog,
How I have missed you. I have been in school and working. And now it’s 2010.
I have so much to tell you. I hope to get to some of it this week.
Happy New Year!
The weeks pass as if a day…
This week’s highlights were:
- Beautiful weather!
- One of my favorite holidays: the 4th of July!
- A great parade- we passed out bunches of free class cards and stirred up some good interest in the studio!
- The pastor’s sermon on sin- such a reminder of how great the grace of God is!
- A great answered prayer for a family medical issue.
- Did I mention one of my favorite holidays, the 4th of July, was this week? I love, love, love cuddling up with my little siblings while watching fireworks!
If you are just joining, please see Reasons: Part I , Reason: Part II, and Reasons: Part III.
The Bible is open to interpretation. Everyone interprets it in the way that suits them best or serves their purposes.
Were the Apostles just interpreting Scripture the way that best suited them in order to be thrown into prison, stoned, or crucified? Are Christians now interpreting Scripture the way that suits them best in order to face persecution and even sometimes martyrdom?
Even in the free country of America, is is far easier to live a life of one’s own choosing than the Christian life. Choosing to live as a Christian means that I daily kill my flesh and the desires of the flesh, and I pour my life out for Jesus. In the eternal, yes it does serve me best. But in the flesh, I have chosen a harder life.
The Bible is somewhat open to interpretation. So is the statement given above. Every word is open to interpretation. But that does not mean it is inaccurate. Besides, it is an enormous blanket statement to say that EVERYONE interprets the Bible in the way that suits them best or serves their own purposes best. Certainly there are people that take the verses in the Bible that they like and use them for their own purposes. That does not mean that the Bible cannot be trusted; it simply empasizes that people are not trustworthy and we must trust in a Power higher than we are: the Lord Jesus Christ.
Tap Shoes on the Hearth
Tap shoes waiting to make their appearance on the stage.
Ten plus hours of work, and the programs are finally done. And now they are also all folded!
Don’t miss this great FREE download from ChristianAudio.com of Foxe’s Book of Martyrs.
Download – christianaudio.com
Posted using ShareThis