Sometimes the best finds are to be had at thrift stores. Exhibit A: The Glory of Christ by John Owen for $0.99. I can’t wait to read it!
Category Archives: Finance
I am a bit of a Starbucks junkie. I hear plenty of complaints about the $5 cup of coffee. But I don’t think that enjoying Starbucks instantly means that one is spending a lot of money. So here are my frugal Starbucks tips:
- Hot tea- a tall (Starbucks small) hot tea is under $2, and if you drink in shop, often you can ask for more hot water at no charge, sometimes getting the comparable two cups of tea for the price of one.
- Iced tea- may I suggest the Tazo Passion? Again, it’s just a couple bucks for a tall. Even a Venti (Starbucks large) is around $3.
- Hot coffee! Leave room for cream- it’s STRONG and bitter. I love it. A tall is again under $2- and if you have a registered Starbucks gift card, you can get a free refill!
- Register your Starbucks gift card! Not only will you get the free refill on your coffee, but they will also replace the card if it is lost or stolen. My wallet was stolen last year, and Starbucks replaced the card for the full value, even though the thief used part of the card!
- Brings your kids- kid’s hot chocolate, juice, or milk (white or chocolate) is just $1.10 in my area. I like treating my siblings when we are out together.
- Iced coffee and Iced Americano are also inexpensive choices.
- Blended ice drinks, specialty hot chocolates, mochas, etc. are all budget breakers. Avoid them! If you can’t help yourself, the plain coffee version of the Frappuccino is the best price.